MDPI (Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute) is an academic open-access publisher with headquarters in Basel, Switzerland.
Since 1996, MDPI has grown into a publishing house with more than 179 diverse open access journals, with further editorial offices in Beijing and Wuhan (China) and additional offices in Barcelona, Spain, as well as Belgrade, Serbia. MDPI is backed by more than 6500 editorial board members worldwide.
As a member of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics), STM (International Association of Scientific, Technical, and Medical Publishers), and OASPA (Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association) MDPI enforces rigorous peer-review and adheres to strict ethical policies and standards.
Senior Managing Editor
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the development of journals, planning for the strategy and scientific scope of the journal, including organizing special Issues on hot topics and latest trends
in the disciplines covered by the journal.
2. Control the quality of the articles.
3. Follow up the journal’s marketing work and monitor the costs of the marketing budget; ensure marketing work for paper soliciting and promotion.
4. Maintain customer relationships, including but not limited to networking with editorial board members (EBMs), guest editors (GE), authors and reviewers.
5. Responsible for assembling the journal team, requesting a recruitment plan according to the development of journals.
6. Actively interact with the Editorial Director, and express opinions that represent the journal team.
7. Other related work.
1. Master or PhD degree required, preferably in Sciences fields.
2. Proficient command of both spoken and written English.
3. More than 4 years working experience in the STM publishing industry.
4. Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and capable of handling multiple priorities.
5. Organizational and computer (E-Mail, Internet, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel) skills needed. Excellent skills in Microsoft Office are desired.
6. Ability to communicate with, and respond to customers and other employees in a professional, clear, and understandable manner.
Salary and Benefits:
¥20000+/month, can be negotiated
Wuhan: 25th Floor, Shangwen Technology Mansion, No. 6, Rd. JingAn, Wuchang District, Wuhan
Haidian: 8th Floor, Aerospace Cooperation Building, No.99 Zhongguancun East Road,
Haidian District, Beijing, China
Tongzhou: Room 2207, Jincheng Center, No. 21 Cuijingbeili, Tongzhou District, Beijing, China
If you are interested in reading the latest research, have an eye for detail and outstanding English writing skills, please send your CV to email@example.com.